Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Importance of doing nothing

We always have to do something. We have to go shop, we have to read some books, we have to go to the office, and we have to learn things.

We always have to create something. We feel ashamed if we didn’t move as busy as ants and be as productive as bees.

There so many things yet there’s so little time.

I have to study languages, I have to work to have some money, I have to build a relationship with people, I have to clean my room (something I haven’t done for a while), I have to cuddle my cat or he will despite me all day long, I have to listen those who in need to be listened, I have to assist those who need my assistance, I have to think about my future, I have to buy cereal and bread, and the list goes on.

But sometimes I choose not to do any of those and just do nothing. Simply doing nothing productive, just sit and breathe.

My favourite author once wrote that he feel useless when he didn’t do anything. He feels the urge to do things, and he have to fight with himself for stay where he is and not stand up and go just for buy a glue.

But then he manages to stays, because according to him, he’s doing nothing but also doing the most important thing a person could do. Listen to himself.

It is important to moves and be productive, but never forget to stop and look what you have accomplished and listen what you have to say to yourself. Because perhaps, that is the most important thing you have to listen in your life.

No comments: